Music Banter - View Single Post - Jimi Hendrix is overrated.
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
Also, his playing is incredibly sloppy. I know, things will sound different live, but Jesus does that guitar sound bad.
There was a member on here a few years ago that said exactly the above in an attempt to cause controversy, would that be you?

Quote:
I’m not going to deny the fact the Jimi had some creative genius in him – it’s just the fact that he had to (mostly) rely on LSD and various other drugs to compose songs. I compare that to The Beatles’ Let It Be and Abbey Road albums – they had simply run out of ideas and turned to drugs to help find a new tune.
A lot of artists were using it around that time, I see no reason to use Jimi as a unique example here.

Quote:
For all that Jimi is praised in his techniques; he doesn’t really expand outside his genre. A true musician explores all genres and styles. Jimi only delves into rock, blues and a bit of psychedelic, and that’s it.
Why should he expand out of his genre? I don't see how that should detract from him at all. As Urban said, when you die after just three studio albums that really puts a lid on where the artist could've gone.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote