Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Eagles Vocalist
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #47 (permalink)
JTM
Groupie

Default The Eagles are the most underrated overrated band of all time lol

This thread is funny. WAY less Eagles bashing that normal. Overrated, underrated, whatever, the Eagles are great. The new documentary really rekindled my love of their music. Although a small portion of Eagles haters may be legit, I believe most are either bitter, or think it's cool or expected in their social circles to hate the Eagles. Most of these people seem to be what I call "music snobs." Like the bad judge on Iron Chef that has to go against everyone because he/she is more "sophisticated."

Anyway, I voted for Henley, although he is my least favorite Eagle besides Leadon. He just annoys me a little, but, his vocals are excellent. I agree here that they had essentially 7 lead vocalists over the years. Made for consistently great harmonies. Tim is my second choice. I am obsessed with I Can't Tell You Why.

As far as the other bands discussed here, Poco, Burrito and Desert Rose. They are all good bands. 2 things really set the Eagles apart for me; musical depth (like the afore mentioned vocals and 3 guitarists) and song writing. The reason, in my opinion, that these bands weren't more successful is that they didn't really write very good songs. It's that simple. The Eagles set out to write hit songs, and they were apparently unmatched at it.

bye
JTM is offline   Reply With Quote