Music Banter - View Single Post - Transgender
Thread: Transgender
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #76 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
To be perfectly honest, you are not a female unless you have the XX chromosome, nor a you a male unless you have the XY. No amount of hormone replacements, plastic surgery and makeup will hide the fact that you are a man/woman and always will be.
You're also saying (quite correctly) that every man contains the stuff to make a woman.

But something you're not mentioning is that there are all sorts of variations of the regular sex chromosomes. These other non-standard types have far-reaching effects on our bodies and possibly also identities. F.ex you can have a an XXY male (Klinefelter Syndrome) or even XX males. The latter are regarded males (despite having XX chromosomes) because error in meiosis during the creation of their father's sperm caused the crossing over of genetic material from the Y to the X chromosome, finally producing what appears to be a male (with testes), but with possible female traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Symptoms usually include small testes and subjects are invariably sterile. Individuals with this condition sometimes have feminine characteristics, with varying degrees of gynecomastia but with no intra-abdominal Müllerian tissue. According to research at the University of Oklahoma health science centers, most XX males are not stereotypically feminine and are typical boys and men although other reports suggest that facial hair growth is usually poor and libido is diminished, with notable exceptions.
So, long story short, using the XY is male and XX is female argument may not be as clear-cut and simple as you might think.

Answering the topic, no - I do not think I would have sex with a girl with a penis, but I don't see anything wrong with it either. Paul Smeenus, I applaud your open-mindedness and honesty Edit : Oh, and ladyislingering!

Last edited by Guybrush; 04-02-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote