Music Banter - View Single Post - Beyonce Knowles
Thread: Beyonce Knowles
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #120 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
My response was angry because I think it's really off that someone attacks Beyonce for being too sexual during the half-time show when so many of the commercials and ads are mainly about sex. And that it isn't appropriate for kids to watch even though the sport is so violent. .
Well the poster was not attacking her You took it as that because you are a fan. The poster was just giving their opinion that I actually think is true. Her halftime show was overly sexual. It does not matter that there are more provocative things. The fact of the matter is her performance was still overly explicit for a family spetacle that is viewed by millions of families around the world. I actually was surprised it did not get more negative reviews since the media made such as big deal about Janet Jacksons half time show in 04 for a barely noticable boob. I thought Beyonces performance was more sexually explicit.

Quote:
I think to say she's prancing around on stage is incorrect, that's not an opinion. If you're a choreographer and a dancer, as I have been, you look at what she can do with her body. Dancing is sexual, dancing is dangerous, everything about her exudes sex, even if she were to dance less suggestive moves..
I dance as well and have done tap, ballet, jazz, lyrical, mime, liturgical, hip hop etc and what Beyonce does is NOT dancing lol She does not do technical intricate choregraphy. She does alot of interactive crowd movements, she strunts, shakes her hair and behind but that technially is not dancing.

All dancing is not sexual

Janet Jackson.... DANCES and the type of dancing that she did during her prime was not sexual it was technique (Modern, Jazz, Militant etc)

Quote:
And I don't think she depends on her moves to show her talent. That's why the President asks her to perform, because her voice is enough, she can stand there and really sing a song..
I think Beyonce is a talented singer but boring (not spetacular, unique and range is quite limited) but make no mistake about it... She greatly depends on her image which she markets as "overly sexual" because if she didnt she would not pose on magazine covers in underwear or half naked if she didnt depend on it.

The president asked Beyonce to perform at the Inaugration because she raised money for his campaign. He could have asked anybody to sing the song.That arrangement has nothing to do with her "voice" specifically.

Quote:
If you disagree, fine, but I felt that there was a lot of underlying sexism in the post and I had to call it out. To me it was disrespectful and I responded to it as necessary.
You can disagree and express yourself but name calling is unnessary which you did to the poster simply because you disagreed.

Last edited by Soulflower; 04-02-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote