Music Banter - View Single Post - Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

^^^
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, one more point about MJ: As I've tried to tell Mankycaaant before (but he doesn't listen obviously) MJ DID write most of his own material, arranged it, AND contributed to the production process. Just because he's remembered by the majority of people more for his prowess as a singer and performer doesn't mean he wasn't far more than both of those things. If you really think otherwise, then you've got some reading to do. :/

As far as Stevie is concerned, I'd concur about getting into anything post-Innervisions to really appreciate just how multifaceted he was both instrumentally and vocally.

And finally...how can you honestly really compare Justin Timberlake or Frank Ocean to Stevie when neither of them are blind and have every convenience in the world going for them? Stevie came from freakin' nothing and managed to claw his way up an industry that was far harder to elevate yourself in back then than it is now, disability or no disability. Your preferences aside, even mentioning them in the same breath as Wonder is pretty damn silly. It's like saying Tim McGraw has surpassed Johnny Cash, lmfao!

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote