Music Banter - View Single Post - The stupid facebook status thread.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #103 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
The thing that concerns me about facebook lately is that people no longer seem to communicate in words beyond one sentence - and even then, it's only in response to some picture they've decided to post with a 'witty' caption.

I almost liked it better when everything on my news feed was someone posting a hugely illogical rant. At least then, I was getting something resembling thought, even if it was completely asinine nine times out of ten. Now, it's ****ing pictures which are asinine ten times out of ten.

Seriously, the only things which post actual words and thought on my feed seem to be NPR and Al Jazeera English.
i couldn't agree with this more. it's really disheartening too. i have a few friends that use it (kinda like i do) to try and keep people updated on things going on the world, and that feels good. but out of roughly 500 "friends" i see only ten (and that's rounding up) who use it for this. i am pretty accustomed to using full sentences and making an effort to express myself and what i have to offer as thoroughly as i can, and it sucks SO MUCH when some ignorant d*ck say something about writing an essay to make look like i'm somehow out of line... not because i feel out of line, but because it's evidence that social media - what with the sheer pace of it alone - is serving to sort of degrade the attention span of people in general... i really could write an essay about this, but i just wanted to sort of agree with the above quote and express my sadness at the inanity of it all.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote