Music Banter - View Single Post - The stupid facebook status thread.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #104 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i couldn't agree with this more. it's really disheartening too. i have a few friends that use it (kinda like i do) to try and keep people updated on things going on the world, and that feels good. but out of roughly 500 "friends" i see only ten (and that's rounding up) who use it for this. i am pretty accustomed to using full sentences and making an effort to express myself and what i have to offer as thoroughly as i can, and it sucks SO MUCH when some ignorant d*ck say something about writing an essay to make look like i'm somehow out of line... not because i feel out of line, but because it's evidence that social media - what with the sheer pace of it alone - is serving to sort of degrade the attention span of people in general... i really could write an essay about this, but i just wanted to sort of agree with the above quote and express my sadness at the inanity of it all.
Yes, there are a VERY select few on my friend's list who will actually post something moderately interesting or state some sort of opinion, but they, like me, don't really post often. I think we're probably all disheartened by our other facebook friends doing nothing but posting the same memes or photos over and over again. I've only posted a few quote photos, like, maybe three or four ever, and those have just been because it was something I really wanted to share - like, something I'd just read which I found particularly moving for some reason - and figured no one would even read it amongst the sea of pictures otherwise.

Today, I posted that I was reading American Gods, because, I mean, Hell, I am...and maybe someone will post a recommendation based on that, or something. Before that, though, I think my last post was a lengthy rant about people wanting to leave gay marriage "up to the states." Aside from that, I use a few private groups on there which rarely post pictures and encourage discussion, or just skim.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote