Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #19279 (permalink)
OnlinePredator
Groupie

I got AWOLnation's Megalithic Symphony not too long ago. There are 14 tracks on it, but three are weird sound bite songs less than a minute long. AWOLnation's biggest song right now is Sail, if you don't know who I'm talking about. That was their breakthrough, but they've also made a name for themselves on alternative rock radio for Kill Your Heroes and Not Your Fault as well. I tried linking the music videos on YouTube for those, but I apparently don't have enough posts.

If you're a fan of those three, then you should enjoy much of the album. Soul Wars is similar to three I mentioned, and will probably be the fourth single if they release one. People is also a good song, Burn it Down is pretty decent.

The closer is an interesting track called Knights of Shame. It's a 15 minute song, but not in the way a Tool song is 15 minutes. It has several very distinct pieces, including a rap which actually sounds pretty good. It's constantly changing and very entertaining.

So, of the 11 tracks, about 7 are super awesome in my opinion. I'd highly recommend it.
OnlinePredator is offline   Reply With Quote