Music Banter - View Single Post - R.I.P. Roger Ebert
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Default R.I.P. Roger Ebert

Yeah, I know we have a R.I.P. Thread...... but this man deserves his own thread.

Roger Ebert dies at 70 after battle with cancer - Chicago Sun-Times

I am saddened by this. I loved this man. Yeah, he had some sketchy opinions (see his views on video games) and would put down a lot of horror i liked (personally I think he was a closet Friday the 13th fan - who gots to all of them knowing they hated everyone they saw before... anyone with reason would see maybe 2 or 3 and not bother... but he saw them all)... Plus the whole Ryan Dunn thing probably knocked him down some (personally I think it may have been soon, but he was still 110% correct in what he said)

But he loved movies, and although I can't say I always agreed with him, I admired what he did none the less.

I also admire that through it all he never gave up, he was still doing reviews from his hospital bed the last time... gotta love that kind of dedication to ones art.

But love him or hate him, he was an important figure in the world of cinema and will be missed.

R.I.P Mr. Ebert.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote