Music Banter - View Single Post - Pallbearer
Thread: Pallbearer
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Default Pallbearer

I'm aghast that there was no thread for these guys as I'm from Arkansas and I have to have something to be proud of. Also, they seemed to make a lot of press in the metal world (at least Pitchfork said so), and played places like SxSW this year. Anyway, really classic doom metal, like if you could take every aspect (except drone which is wayyyy no right now) of the genre and concentrate into one entity, and it wore a denim jacket. Super thick, super sludgy, but at the same time moving with steady momentum and sounding off precise melodies and riffs. Though the album itself - Sorrow and Extinction - marches to a similar beat throughout, it's no more stagnant than something like Sleep's Dopesmoker, and has prettier peaks to contrast with the dark valleys (plus it's only five murderous sludgefests for 45 minutes or so, if you're into that sort of thing). Also, as opposed to carrying full on evil in it as well, it comes off as more contemplating.

In conclusion, here's some songs:

^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote