Music Banter - View Single Post - Communicating with sound
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dancing Jester
Music Addict

Default Communicating with sound

Ok-I'm detoxing right now so I may be a little bit wacked but I'm really interested in what other people think about this:

Seeing as how I'm really into music-I love language and sound but I'm wondering if there will ever be a time when one (sound) will replace the other. I mean spoken language is nothing but sychronized sound now- H-e-l-l-o is a sound that is meant as a greeting--I was checking out website http://www.textfast.t9.com, it's a cellphone thing and it's all about fast texting but the thing that was interesting is how language becomes numbers-123 equals whatever, it would be like an episode of the twilight zone if music was written in numbers instead of words. The other day I was listening to Royksopp with a friend and he asked me what my favorite song was and I said ' I like the one with the missles' --now, to my knowledge there were no missles in any of the songs but one of the songs gave me the visual of videogame missles whizzing through the air-- totally my own visualization but my friend got what I was talking about right away and just said 'me, too'--- at that point I was like 'wow, we just totally connected on a different plane than words--we connected through, not natural sound (the sounds me produce with our voices) but instead artificial sound. I thought that was amazing-and sort of a bonding experience.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

(A long way for a ham sandwich-I know...sorry)
Dancing Jester is offline   Reply With Quote