Music Banter - View Single Post - Margaret Thatcher Dies.
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #60 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Why does the fact I live in the south and not London have anything to do with it? We were still closer to it on a daily basis: the border's only a few hours away and Irish TV would carry much more news about bombings in the North than would BBC or ITV....
I'm referring to first hand experience rather than seeing things on the tv and in the papers, that was the point I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
Put yourself in her position. Half the country hates you, the national papers either love you or hate you depending on what day, there's rebellion in Ireland and the country is in bankruptcy. Now I'm not necessarily a supporter of Thatcher, but how many of you will be able to stand up against the whole country and take the reigns? Not many. Yes, she closed down the mines and caused terrible unemployment, but if she hadn't have done that then we would have slid into hyperinflation like Germany at the end of the first world war.
You need to qualify this better, I guess you mean Nth Ireland and the violence there was nothing new in Thatcher's time.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote