Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #1215 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I have a suggestion, and maybe I've suggested it before but I keep being reminded of it.

When a new member creates a thread for (example) a band that already exists, to ask a question for which we have threads already (such as music recommendations), why don't the mods move the posts to the relevant existing thread, rather than just locking the new thread? Is there no option for that? I appreciate that a link is often provided for the appropriate thread to post in, and that actually moving the post to the appropriate thread is a bit more work (since you have to find the destination thread first), but it would keep the forums much cleaner IMO, instead of having locked threads everywhere, and be more useful to the new member as well as contributing that post to the existing relevant thread, keeping the conversation going I suppose or reviving that thread.

Thoughts? Maybe I'm thinking too much. I do think too much. I also moderate on another forum and move posts/merge threads far more often than I lock anything.
I almost always merge.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote