Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #5631 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

[QUOTE=Thom Yorke;1304420]
Spoiler for Spoilers for Bioshock: Infinite:
Quote:
Yeah, I can see what you're saying in terms of gameplay, and I've heard a lot of similar complaints. Honestly though, I didn't mind it. While the vigors weren't a necessity to killing enemies, I still loved that the choice was provided. The game itself was so easy that I kind of just enjoyed taking out the enemies in various ways. And I felt undertow was actually extremely useful if I ever got bogged down at all.
Yeah I'm on my second go-around and have been making an effort to mess around with the vigors more. I do wish they had done more interesting stuff with elizabeth's tears. Just getting hooks and med packs by pressing square seemed a little contrived. It would have been cool if she warped in a tornado or something to take out enemies, it would have made her appear as powerful in game as what she was capable of during cutscenes.

Quote:
As for the game being linear, wasn't the first one similar to that? It's been a while since I played it but I don't believe it had anything similar to the "sidequests" in Infinite (not to say these were anything substantial, but there was some room to go off the beaten path in this game that I can't really remember in the first game).
yeah, i guess the first just did a better job of seeming like it wasn't as linear. Remember having to take pictures of the people? There was a map and it seemed like more backtracking, unlocking new areas. I remember having to come back and melt away ice to reach new paths, though i suppose bioshock infinite has similiar instances. I guess i felt the first bioshock was more metroid/castlevania-ish in design.
Quote:
I have read up a bit on the ending and have heard that theory. It does make a lot of sense. Really impressed with how Levine managed to tie the two games together without it really seeming forced. I really don't think there are any series or games out there that can rival this storytelling ability, along with atmosphere. They really have something going here, and I'm interested to see where they go next, if they do decide to make a new game that isn't simply a rehash like Bioshock 2 was.
im really curious to see what they do in terms of dlc. Considering their selling a season pass you'd think the dlc will be substantial. I hope it's more single player story-driven stuff, not just some challenge rooms or some uninspired add-ons.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote