Music Banter - View Single Post - So What Are We Drinking Tonight?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #2617 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I really wish the Total Wine was closer so I could make use of their Make Your Own Six Pack.

It's pretty good. I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone and get more into the microbrews around here.
I really need to get out and get my hands on more brews from the UK and thereabouts. I just today met people who can and will enthusiastically special order just about anything I could imagine (as long as it's licensed to be sold in the states) for me. I had the fortune of being at a car wash right beside a liquor store I've not been to in years today. Since I planned on buying beer, I figured I should probably just stop at this liquor store, which no one ever even talks about - I just used it when I made people buy me tequila when I was underage, and bought Magic Hat there once when I turned 21. Their variety was whack, so I hadn't really been back.

Dude who owns it finally stopped letting his wife hire people, they got divorced, and his love and respect for quality alcohol resulted in a knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff, the best variety I've seen in the tristate area, and a very convenient location.

They're really doing something right there. I'm letting everyone I know who's enthusiastic about good beer and good liquor know about their change in heart and superb quality.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote