Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #13109 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
On the topic of Inception, I'm a massive fan. I think the level of complexity of the film is broader than being able to follow along the various levels and strategies of the heist. I love the details of it. Some examples that come to mind: Cobb's wedding ring being his real totem. The lightning storm in Limbo being the impact of Fischer getting defibrillated one level up. The heist being the subplot of the film. The idea that the antagonist and the protagonist are the same character.

I think a lot of its qualities go overlooked by people who scoff at it being a complex film. Complex films don't have to be difficult to follow.

EDIT: And going back a page, Amelie is one of my favourite films as well. Just beautiful.
Thank you; I think you get my point. It's not hard for someone to follow, definitely not difficult for a movie buff to follow, but its' being one of the top grossing films of all time and not complete fluff is goddamned admirable.

And I think there's a good chance I could watch Amelie every day of my life for a hundred years, and would never get tired of it.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote