Music Banter - View Single Post - Artists Who Don't Write Their Own Music
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
in all honesty i would probably say that at least 90% of the music i listen to is all written by the bands and or artists themselves but that is mainly because of the genres i listen to....and i have to admit that i think i honestly do have a little more respect for singer songwriters....at the same time i don't think i really look down upon or shame an artist for not writing their own songs....i could easily list quite a few covers that i think are better than the originals.....and i have tons of respect for artists who just genuinely have amazing talent.....Dolly Parton only wrote a handful of her own songs.....and she is the bees knees in my eyes....and especially in pop music....many of these people are chosen because of the raw talent they have with their voices....and it does not matter if they wrote it or not....what matters is the honest feeling they put behind the lyrics

i am slowing beginning to think that it is the autotune that will be the demise of all creativity in music
It has, but strangely enough there's a bit of an optimist in me that thinks that MAYBE the public will get sick of it. I already think that "It's so 2000's", but then again they will have to step up to realize that.

I will say that my Originals/Pop ratio is about yours. My collection though is getting into things I heard as a kid-teen to bring back some memories which has made it about 85/15 in recent days, though.

Last edited by Screen13; 04-10-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote