Music Banter - View Single Post - Phonographic Memory
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

I had this track stuck in my head earlier and couldn't help but remember the time I was singing it in the car, driving through a parking lot. I met eyes with someone who eventually turned out to be my boss. Talk about awkward.

Honey Ltd. - Silk & Honey

Earlier I briefly mentioned my struggle with alcoholism; this album will always remind me of an evening I spent by myself, completely wasted and sobbing as my (now ex) was asleep. (Note: the full album is in this video.) "The Wall" remains an album I only listen to when I'm deeply saddened for whatever reason.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

I also mentioned how I pulled through an abusive relationship. This song helped me get through - or simply realize that I was obviously with the wrong person if he wasn't willing to love me the way he was supposed to.

Tommy James & The Shondells - Get Out Now

Thanks, Tom. I really owe you one.

Enough of that, though, I'd like to bring forth the opening track on one of the very first records I had in my collection as a younger version of myself. This one always makes me melt away; it's one of my favorites especially in the summer, and I feel so smitten with the whole damn world every time I hear it.

Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson & Clover

I could actually groove to Tommy James & The Shondells forever. I'll always be in love with that flower-child/garage rock-y stuff.