Music Banter - View Single Post - The Prog Rock Album Club
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #322 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
BE, the breadth of your knowledge of music never fails to amaze me. You seem to know things others could only guess at, and you're sort of on a par with US in that regard, making me feel like Roddy Doyle in the shadow of Shakespeare, or something. Great review; I wasn't crazy about the album but it was interesting, though I'm glad to see you got a lot more out of it.

Great job as always.
As I don't know Frumpy (and amazed that I don't) I'd say BE knows more than me, even though he has stated there are albums on my journal that he wasn't familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
A lot of the time I was listening to Frumpy, I was thinking TH won't care for this! You strike me as a neo man (to my traditionalist). I like the literary analogy, but I am not going to start believing it for a second. In any case, you are the James Joyce of Music Banter, wheareas I barely feature.
TH always seeks melody in his music and if there's not a clear and obvious melody, it's hard to get him into it. Hence his dislike for Captain Beyond and his hatred for extreme metal, despite the fact he constantly continues to torture himself in his 'meat grinder' with low key extreme metal bands!

My Frumpy review should be up later.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote