Music Banter - View Single Post - The Strokes - Comedown Machine
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
...well thanks for that.

I actually really like this album. I feel like they got a little more experimental on this one than they have in the past. One toe in the My Morning Jacket water, if you will.

The Strokes to me (generally speaking here, not just in reference to CDM) are a solid band. They don't make blow-away albums, but their output is consistent. A band I'd love to see in concert honestly. Each album has a few tracks I really loved.

If anyone wants to make a best-of on Spotify, please send it my way, I'd love to hear deep-cuts you guys like.
I've seen the Strokes live, they certainly do put on a great show and their crowds are always lively and there for a good time. I liked a few cuts from the new album. I wouldn't call it one of their best, but it certainly isnt a huge stray from what they're known for. I think most bands that play similar time measures, try to expand on their rhythym and that causes their sound to change. The Strokes strayed on a few songs on this record which i didn't particularly enjoy but overall its decent enough for a listen now and again.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote