Music Banter - View Single Post - Uno, Dos, Tre - Green Day review
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fern
Groupie

Uno, Dos, and Tre definitely felt like Green Day, after receiving huge success from American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown on top of the fame they already had from earlier work, making exactly the albums they wanted to make with no worries of how it would be received. They have already accomplished all they wanted and now its time to make music for themselves which has its positives and negatives. The nature of making the music for their own pleasure is going to lead some to be disappointed in derailing from the direction the band was pushing toward. On the other hand, the freshness of a new direction should delight others, although Uno was something more of a return to an earlier sound. In my opinion this is a great trilogy worth listening to. Uno seemed to revisit the sounds of Green Day from the 90's infused with garage rock influences. This to some may seem as a step back but to long time Green Day fans, like myself, its worth the buy for the nostalgic trip the sound will take you on. Dos takes the garage rock influences from Uno full on and leaves the classic Green Day sound behind for a harder more aggressive sound. This is my favorite album of the 3 and is a respectable venture into a harder sound for Green Day. If you liked Foxboro Hottubs this album should grab your ears. The trilogy ends with Tre which takes a slower pace than the previous 2 albums which succeeds in winding down the energy from Dos. Tre does not have the same upbeat energy as the previous 2 albums but it has the most powerful tracks in the trilogy thanks to the instrumental arrangements coupled with the best lyrics offered from the 3. Uno, Dos, and Tre seem to be the kind of work that people will either love or hate for me I'm definitely on the lover side.

Last edited by Fern; 04-11-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote