Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #22824 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

I decided that I will never understand why people call me, screaming like a banshee, just to make a payment.

I deliver the balance in full, and they shrilly burst my eardrums with, "WHY IN THE **** DO YOU THINK I'M CALLING YOU ****ING IDIOT?!"

I say that I can take the payment over the phone, and they say, "DO YOU WANT THE ****ING CARD NUMBER OR NOT, YOU GODDAMNED **** BITCH?!"

Sometimes, I get irritable and say with the slightest hint of a "tone": "I'd like to know if you'll be paying with a Visa, Mastercard, checking account, or other card type today, actually."

Turns out, that doesn't count against QA, as long as I sound calm when I say it. Thumbs up to that. That's fortunate. UNfortunately, I can't say, "I don't understand why you feel the need to be so rude, however. I'm trying to assist you. Have I done something to upset or offend you? If so, I do apologize, but again: I am just trying to assist you with paying your bill at this time."

That DOES count against QA. We can advise them that if they don't stop using profanity, we can (and will) disconnect the call, and if they personally attack us we can do the same, but we can't ask them why they're being complete hateful bitches.

As an aside: White women between the ages of 20-40 are the worst customers you can possibly imagine. THE. WORST.

I do get really irked when they call, screaming at me from the get-go, when I've done nothing at all to offend them. I've been QA'd on a few of those calls, and managers and QA advocates have been all, "I don't see how you stay so calm on those calls, to be quite honest."

In all honesty, I'm not that calm on those calls. My blood pressure may raise, and the urge to just ****ing hang up on them certainly springs to mind.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote