Music Banter - View Single Post - What's Happening on MB? The MusicBanter Portal/Feed Thread - Please Subscribe!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #296 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Journal Showcase

People from UK/Ireland will understand the above image...

I'm looking at trying to attract people towards the members' journals by featuring a showcase slot in the weekly update post. This could be an old post or a new one, and could be from anyone's journal, new or established, though to be fair I'd say only those updating on that week should be eligible. Of course, that's not set in stone.

Basically, the plan is to take an entry and reproduce it here, to encourage those to whom two clicks of a mouse is too much trouble to see what they're missing. Hopefully it should drive visitors to that person's journal, and by extension the rest of them too.

I don't want to send loads of PMs to people asking permission, so I'm going to adopt an "opt-out" approach, which means I'm taking it as the default position that you have no problem with my reproducing a short extract from your journal here. If you do, please PM me and request me not to use your journal as a source for the Showcase. You don't need to give a reason, and I won't argue, but really, why would you not want to display your artwork, as it were, for all to see? Isn't that why we're all writing our journals? Anyway...

If, on the other side of the coin, you would like to be featured a particular week --- and if you have a particular piece you would like me to use as your showcase --- let me know and I'll certainly do what I can.

Any Youtubes will not be used, though I will refer to them so that anyone wishing to see the videos will again be driven to your site. None of the extracts will be very long, but they should ideally typify your journal. Long album reviews (such as mine!) are unlikely to be posted, unless you agree it's ok to take an extract rather than the whole thing.

Just another idea to "drive traffic", as they say, and show people who don't read the journals what they're missing. If there are no objections I'll be starting this tomorrow as part of the weekly update post.

Thanks for your time, now get off my property before I release the hounds...