Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #22871 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

It's been a very sad couple of days. One of my sister's good friends, a girl I went to school with passed away on Friday, and I'm still trying to come to grips with it. I wasn't close with her - hadn't actually spoken to her since my sister's wedding - but she really was one of those people that are always absolutely sweet, sincere, and wont to light up a room.

She just got married on April 5th. On Monday, she went in for gallbladder surgery, which, presumably had gone well. They released her to go home. On Friday morning, she passed some blood, and decided she was going to go into the doctor when they opened to check it out. She decided to lay down and have a nap before going in, and when 8am rolled around, her husband tried to rouse her, but she was unresponsive. They rushed her to the emergency room, but there was nothing they could do for her, and she passed away shortly after arriving.

During the surgery, they believe that an artery may have been nicked. Moving around after the surgery, they think, caused it to bleed more freely, and she ended up bleeding to death internally without knowing anything was seriously wrong.

I am absolutely devastated over the news. I wasn't close friends with her, but my sister was - and her mother was my bus driver and an aid in elementary school, her father, prior to his massive, near-fatal stroke, was my basketball coach.

RIP Bekah. Words can't describe how awful this is, how unfair. I am still in shock, and absolutely devastated.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote