Music Banter - View Single Post - Trip Hop-Starting my discovery at Portishead
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Teardrop is Massive Attack No?

Groove Armada are one of my favourite bands as they change it up with each album but I have never considered them Trip Hop at any point in time personally.

The European Trip Hop Scene from the last ten years has been damn good without stretching musical boundaries with the likes of Baxter, Emancipator, Lulu Rouge, Atomica, Costanza and Esthero making some really interesting music that is is still accessible.

Sideshow, Electric Wire Hustle and Submotion Orchestra represent the much more chilled side of Trip Hop but are all highly recommended.
Are you referring to the Teardrop ep? the song is on Mezzanine, or is their something I haven't head?

Your right on Groove Armada, I was quickly reaching back into my memory banks. There was a time back in the 90's when all I did was eat, drink and sleep electronic music, and then one day I just stopped, and despite numerous attempts, I haven't been able to get back into any of it.

That being said I still do love some of the bands I was into, so I hope it's enough to get him started.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote