Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread.
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #137 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Honestly, I could really use a girlfriend. At 21, never having had a serious relationship of any kind, I'm beyond ready. Unfortunately, I don't really have any "prospects" at the moment (except for one very, very slight potential, but I have serious doubts about that or if it would even work anyway)... I really don't have anything to contribute, it's just a bit frustrating.

Plus, my lifestyle isn't exactly normal for a 21 year old middle class American male. I live in Nicaragua for heaven's sake. And my favorite activities include eating at ethnic restaurants (or food trucks... or sketchy groceries), drinking copious amounts of exotic coffee, jamming for hours on end, reading by myself, and shopping at record stores and thrift stores. I go to the movies once or twice a year at the most, I don't drink, and I tend to not like huge parties. I feel like I need to move to somewhere with more hipsters like Portland or Seattle or something, I tend to get along better with the "freaks" than anyone else in my hometown. Maybe then I would finally find a girl who is weird enough to like me and share a few of my interests (who doesn't turn out to be horrible).
Trust me hun, there will be a girl you will run into that loves you for you and she might even have similar interests. Have you thought about joining some kind of club or being friendly to ladies when you're getting your coffee?

By the way, I'm a weird chick, there's plenty of us out there, guys included. I think I struggle with relationships because I really like my own space - I like to sleep alone and I spend hours on the internet or playing computer games. Between work, study and sleep there isn't a lot of space for me to fit in a guy unless he really likes the same things and will be happy just hanging out at home or can take me out to the movies or for lunch etc. I like to keep things simple. But I also like spontaneity, for example, going camping or ice skating.