Music Banter - View Single Post - Teenagers with an interest in punk music?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
XtremeEclectic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Why not? There is a lot to be learned from people who experienced what you listen to firsthand. I think the opposite way, what could i possibly learn from a teenager, how to pop pimples?
ey

surprisingly enough if more older people would pay attention to the younger generation there is much to be learned in both directions. I am not saying I dont listen to or respect older individuals but it all depends on the person. I will sit at the park and shoot the **** with an old guy who starts a conversation but I am speaking musically I really dont go out of my way to talk to people about past music, 90% of the time because they often rudely just rant and tyrade about how much better it was, or how todays music is just a copy etc. I enjoy todays music, and music from the past. I however do not enjoy being talked down to because of other musical tastes, or hearing nothing but how much better it was. Hence why a lot of us young punks, dont give a rip about you older ones because most of it consists of explaining to us how we are punks, we dont listen to punk, todays punk sucks and blah blah blah. look at this forum, look what shows up and gets posted in at least one comment on almost every thread involving punk rock or metal of todays generation
XtremeEclectic is offline   Reply With Quote