Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread.
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #140 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Yeah, that's true. But, and this is a big but, Nicaragua ain't Costa Rica. If I was in Costa Rica I probably wouldn't think twice, because their culture is practically identical to American culture, with just enough Latino flavor to make me feel comfortable (my adopted dad grew up in Mexico, so our family has more of a Latin American culture than the average white family from Kentucky). But Nicaragua is another beast entirely. The culture here is... different. Very, very different. There are many, many wonderful women here who I have become friends with, but I don't think that I could be with a Nica, simply because of the culture difference. Plus, Nicaraguan girls tend to come on to any white guy they see, because we usually have more money than they do. That sounds harsh and too broad and imperialist of me to say, and I really don't like saying it, but it appears to be true, for the most part. I HAVE seen it work, but it has been very, very, very rare situations. However, if I do end up going south to Costa Rica... then I'll keep my eyes open.

Joining a club, maybe, when I get back to the States. Not really anything like that for me here in Nicaragua. As far as flirting with random girls in coffee places, I am beyond uncomfortable flirting with strangers. Plus, I've never decided I "liked" someone just by seeing them. I'm not against it... but it's definitely way out of my comfort zone. And again, that would be something to do in the States, not here. They honestly only have a handful of coffee shops here, and I live in Managua, the capital. It's kind of like the 20th century here, they don't have too many of the things we take for granted in the majority of the western world. All that aside, I appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks, I'm glad someone caught that.
Thats the second time i've done that. LOL I think your destiny is in Costa Rica just saying.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote