Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #22944 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Got assigned to a specialty campaign at work, because the new telephony's gone and ****ed up again. They don't want people with bad stats or those who are really new and don't know anything about anything to work with it, so they've got me and 14 other people, for the next two weeks, trying to fix it.

I totally agreed to it, because we get off the phones A LOT, lots of meetings, and then we get to assist other people when they're phasing back into the program. The major con is that it's OUTBOUND calls, which are hellish to put it lightly...not the actual difficulty of the call itself. There's never anything too complicated on outbound. Mostly just convincing them they need a payment arrangement if nothing else. It's difficult in that people are mighty testy when the company's calling them, and not the other way around.

I really hate routine and monotony, but now that we're allowed to have writing utensils again, I've really started to embrace work. Since it is so monotonous, I have time to think of other things, jotting them down throughout the day. I was working on skit ideas for the sketch comedy troupe my friends and I are working on, and the girl next to me was concerned to see "elbow fetish" and "Harry Potter Passion Play" scribbled down on my notebook.

On an unrelated note, some woman asked me if I was Jamaican today. I've heard a lot of people ask me if I was from a lot of places, but this was a first. She has to have the worst ear for accents of all time.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote