Music Banter - View Single Post - Would you enjoy the music you listened to as a teen if you heard it for time today?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 03:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Default Would you enjoy the music you listened to as a teen if you heard it for time today?

This question isn't related to artists/albums you don't like any more, because we all know that certain artists you enjoyed as a teen/kid end up being cast by the wayside at some point. I want to know if there are artists that you loved as a teen, which are still fondly looked upon - or even rated very highly to this day - which you may not have liked had you heard them for the first time today.

For example, I very much doubt I would give a toss about Oasis if I had not heard of them before today, and had listened to all the other artists I have come to love/appreciate. But for whatever reason, they are a band I have not dismissed and ignore completely nowadays. In fact, I really enjoy a lot of their songs. It is difficult to be 100% certain about this question because I might have loved Oasis anyway. I just think it's interesting how nostalgia plays a part in personal taste.

Also, I think it comes down to familiarity as well. The fact that I now know all of the words - and even know how to play some of them on guitar - makes it easier for me to just enjoy the songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote