Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You Weird or Normal?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #31 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Perhaps it's more a case of how people view you that qualifies you as weird or normal, to use two totally catchall phrases. People would think I am weird because I'm quiet, I don't drink, I don't have a girlfriend or social life (even before becoming a carer) and I have an odd sense of humour. Like Batlord I talk to myself (and my cats); usually if I'm watching TV I can say things like "Go away I hate you stupid ad" or "Why did he do that? That was not a good idea" though there is clearly nobody there to say it to. Also I think about weird stuff (see my threads on Alternate Uinverses and the last days of Earth) and quote TV programmes a lot, something most people don't get.

My obsessions would seem odd too. Music certainly, but also an almost pathological hatred of bad spelling (how funny is that? When I wrote spelling I misspelled it!) grammar and use of syntax. Even now I'm reading a book for my sister and getting annoyed every time I come across an error which I feel should have been caught before publication. I shout at birds too --- "Shut the hell up tweeting! I'm trying to sleep here!" etc --- and hate repeating myself, particularly when writing. I call Jesus "your buddy" when talking to my sis and also "Hay-soos" and cannot let any sort of hypocrisy slide. I can also hold a grudge forever, but then again I can easily forgive.

Yeah, I think people would find me weird. Me, I know the truth: it's them that are all crazy, I'm the only sane one among them. Well, me and my pet battery...