Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Nirvana/Kurt Cobain Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #565 (permalink)
bungalow
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
THIS IS A THREAD FOR FANS!!!!

hmmm....the following are all posts in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
The biggest compliment I can pay Nirvana was they were the least awful grunge band.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets
I hate Nirvana.They are over-rated insanely. Do they even palm mute?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynegrow
never liked em' the freezing rain warning on my t.v. screen is more ammusing than there music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Are_You_Experienced?
I can't stand Nirvana, nor can I understand the hype surrounding them. Kurt Cobain was a boring guitarist and a horrible vocalist, Krist Novoselic was a boring bassist, and Dave Grohl was a boring drummer. Nothing wrong with simplicity; the song "Heroin" is built around two chords, but it's a fantastic song, and many Dylan and CCR songs only use three or four chords. But Nirvana is simply really, really, excruciatingly boring (which throws out Cobain being a good songwriter, eh?).

I also love how people act like Cobain was Gen X's Bob Dylan, when he wasn't even close to being the best songwriter of the past 20 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by This_isnt_highschool
over-rated...simple
i could go on
I will withdraw some earlier comments considering that I was, at one time a big nirvana fan, but then you get all these 12 year old girls obsessed with them, thinking Kurt is God, buying every shirt that Hot Topic produces of them, and then, in one experience of mine, a girl tried to tell me that Kurt Cobain was an all around better musician and bigger influence on music than....John Lennon!!!!! I realize that this is just an opinion and one that she couldn't back up with facts, but still, it angered me a little

Then, the more I listened to Nirvana, the more bored I became of their music. Also you get all of these conspiracy fanboys who say "Courtney killed Kurt" and these people know nothing on the subject. Kurt killed himself, just cause someone doesnt want to believe it doesnt make it untrue. Everyone needs something to hang onto, and for all these "tortured" nirvana fans it is the fact that Kurt was murdered. At least have some info to back up your claim( i know the evidence so please dont respond with a post straight from www.justiceforkurt.com) Almost every famous, beloved person who has died before their time, has a conspiracy floating around their death. This is all an attempt to console a weary public.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote