Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You Weird or Normal?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #55 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

It's funny that this thread is here today.

At lunch today, I felt like treating myself to some fast food, as it's not something I do often. It's a Friday. What the hell.
Seeing as how I'd never eaten at Whataburger before, and there's one not 0.2 miles down the road from my office, I headed over.

Well...
This person that was ringing me up was probably a 50 year old woman. She didn't look like she had any sort of syndrome, but holy ****... holy. ****. I don't really know how to explain her behavior, but she was screaming loudly to me, in a happy way, about a new Monterey-jalapeno burger that I had to try. "OH YEA, MY BABY, DIS ONE GOOOOOD, WEEEEE!!!! U CAN EAT IT!!!!".
She was off-putting, but at the same time kinda sweet, like she meant you no harm.
But as far as professionalism, oh no, none there.

So I was waiting on my order, then this other one comes out with it. Wait. Shuffles out. She didn't physically look like she had any chromosomal disorders, but I could tell right away that there was a reason her job was to carry the food to the table. She was really sweet. Probably around 40. Ugly as all get-out. Couldn't look me in the eye. Looked like she was about to run away.

Then I see some of the people cooking the food. I just assumed they were normal on the inside.

Overall, it was the weirdest experience I've ever had in a fast food joint. It was almost surreal. I guess I had expected it to be like any other unremarkable joint. Unremarkable college students and low-skill settlers. But this. This place made me feel that feeling you might feel if you had went to an insane asylum and begun to suspect that the patients had taken over the facility.

The burger was excellent, btw.