Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #1298 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
I disagree.

How is MJ overrated?

If anything he is very underrated as a songwriter, producer, arranger because most people do not know that he wrote most of his well known songs like Billie Jean, Beat It, Wanna Be Startin Something, Dont Stop Till You Get Enough, etc He has written 90% percent of his catalogue himself and most of the songs he wrote himself were number one hits. He also produced a few of his songs as well as songs for other artists. He also has played a few instruments contrary to popular opinion. Maybe he is not the greatest "artist" of all time but he was by far the greatest entertainer of all time.
MJ was just another pop star. He and Quincy had the formula right as is evident in the record sales but his music was just bubblegum pop.

His music wasn't really very challenging, just catchy melodies and prominent choruses designed to be passively consumed so that it leaves plenty of room for people to be bamboozled by his weird personality and fancy dance moves.

If he wasn't such a strange cunt I don't think he'd have this level of fandom.

@Neo I don't like the Beatles, their name seems to be synonymous with the phrase "greatest band of all time". I disagree. To me they are overrated. They changed the face of pop music, of that there is no doubt, but they are still overrated. Plus their annoying fan base pisses me off.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote