Music Banter - View Single Post - This Is Your Scenario Now Give Me A Tune
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
At night, when the thoughts of inferiority and rejection and other motivators of neurosis wash over you and take a little bit of your stability each time as the waves do the sand:

But when I wake up with ocean mist fizzing on my face and the sun yelling at my eyes to get over it, I hear something with a little pep in its step, just small enough to make you giggle and appreciate that the sand is still between your toes:
Wow, Surell, your sentences are like short poems. I like the way they explain how, for you, the beach has two moods.

For me, there are two main beach moods as well: (i) hot (ii) British, and here is a song for each occasion:-

Just thought of a number (iii) mood : As a teenager, using the beach as a place to do things you wouldn´t dare do at home. I remember sleeping on the beach, going to my first disco and getting excessively drunk at a place on Hayling Island, as I recall. Some years later, the Stranglers wrote the song I should´ve been singing to myself :-

^ One of the many wonderful things about this song is the way they sneak in the word charabanc. Not a very punk word at all, you´d really expect it to turn up in Gaelic Storm´s nostalgic evocation instead.