Music Banter - View Single Post - How blunt should I be with people?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
scleaves
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
See there is a great example of telling people what you really think in person or not.. take note and try it I promise it will feel good to tell people what you really think...
Okay, here goes. Disclaimer: Speaking my mind ahead.

Okay. So a good question is, why do we believe what we do in the first place? Just seems to me like we choose to believe what society shares an opinion of or finds to be correct. It's like we would have to get out a history book and find where everything started. Trying to be different for the sake of being different tends to be considered a bad thing. Why?

I'll give an example while trying to keep it PG. There are certain things a person finds phsyically attractive about a mate, and society tends to share these opinions and agree on them. But many years ago, I'm pretty sure I have read that society found diffent things attractive about a person. I'd be part of the new society but why? What happened to change opinions?

It's unlikely that anyone has all of their ideas thought through, so they should stop acting like/pretending that they do.

To be different and not be able to change it is to be eccentric. To be different by a choice is rather stylish, in my opinion. That's how I see it.
scleaves is offline   Reply With Quote