Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #1784 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Krill --- Plankton's Odyssey --- 2013 (Self-released)
What an incredible review!

The reason I asked TH to review was the fact that he's reviewed tons (not sure how many but I know it's a lot) of albums already, and since we're just passing friends on the internet, I could be sure to get something unbiased. Not that I don't consider you a friend (of course we are), but we've only just exchanged a few words in a few threads. Also, I consider TH to be one of the most open minded and compassionate people I've come across here, and he has an excellent grasp on translating his perpective cohesively though text.

I'm glad I did. I was waiting impatiently (lol) for his review for a couple weeks, and when it came through on Sunday night I was ecstatic. I fervently read the through the entire review as I was sipping my last beer for the night, and when I finished the last line, I was beside myself. I had to go compose myself for a minute outside in the fresh air. I figured I'd let it all sink in for a while before typing this follow up. I still am quite humbled, and am really at a loss for words here. I can't thank you enough Trollheart for even taking the time to do this.

I'm workng on the next album, and am taking time to create something more meaningful, as this one was kind of random, and improv'ed throughout. My whole mindset now is to blow this one out of the water, and create something with better production and song writing.

If anyone would like the specs, I could pull the cutain back and post up what I used, and what settings, etc. if you'd like.

So, God bless Trollheart and thank you once again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
^ Great review as always TH. I enjoyed Plankton's YT clips, so I am downloading the album as I speak. Plankton, you should send this album to Fireworks magazine as they are usually positive with, and supportive of, new artists. I have known them to review an album by a musician from a forum (actually a guitarist with an instrumental album). I don't work for Fireworks, I just like them!
I'll have to look into that! Thanks Big Ears (for checking it out too).