Music Banter - View Single Post - The separation between the artist and his music.
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #53 (permalink)
Robotrock04
Groupie

Oooh good question. I'm a fan of Michael Jackson so this is something I've asked myself before. I have to admit - I do think that Michael Jackson wasn't guilty so I still enjoy his music a lot. If I were to ever read something that made me believe he was guilty though I would no longer be able to enjoy his work. Particularly because not only is the crime utterly disgusting, but its almost rubbing it in when you have songs in your discography like Heal The World.

On the other hand I do think Courtney Love may have some involvement in Kurt Cobain's death and I find it hard to listen to Hole objectively as a result. It's a shame really because I actually could see myself enjoying their work rather a lot if I believed otherwise.

I guess its an individual case thing for me really - if I think they're just a bit of an idiot (like Morrissey) then its no issue, but if I believe they're responsible for more sinister things then it becomes much harder.
Robotrock04 is offline   Reply With Quote