Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You Weird or Normal?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #104 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Vanilla, your initial post is really troublesome and problematic. I'm sure you're going to try to call me catty and bitchy, and write me off as "one of those haters" but I honestly don't care and if you want to group me in with ~those other girls~ then by all means feel free to do so because being grouped in with women is not an insult to me. Demonising feminity and feminine things does not make you better than us and that is clearly what you are asserting and no matter how much you deride what ~other girls do, you will never gain male privilege nor will you ever truly be comfortable with yourself if you have to constantly make threads like this talking about how special you are, and there are endless examples of this and it is seriously nauseating and sad to witness. I especially do not hope you consider yourself to be a feminist in any sense of the word, because not only are you clueless on intersectionality and it's necessities in dismantling the harm that patriarchy does to us women (yes, no matter how much you try to say other wise, you are one of us), you also attack other women for daring to assert their sexualities in the same manner you do, the difference between us doing it and you doing it, is your sexuality is for everyone else but you and you hate us for making our sexualities our own weapons. So if that makes me normal to you, I don't care.Or you could say:

And in closing, be mindful
Be mindful of what Ariel Levy says on internalised misogyny

"Attacking femaleness, deriding ‘girly’ stuff, rolling your eyes at ‘women’s issues’, declaring yourself a ‘tomboy’ who gets along better with men because women are silly or pretty or whatever – these are expressions of internalized sexism. If that’s the way you feel about your own sex, you’ll be doomed to feel inferior no matter what you achieve in life.”

Also I can't wait till your sad little minions and all the other drones on here get hard on's at the prospect of being able to perpetuate their quaint little trope that Hermione is a dramatic bitch omg!!"
Hey Hermione, WWWP and Aww Sugar: frankly my dears, I don't give a damn. You can say and think what you want about me, gang up, try and make others dislike me - but guess what? It's an internet forum. Just like life, not everyone is going to like you.

Go on, keep bitching about me in your little chat room - the fact that you're talking about me and to me is great because the attention is on me! That's what I love right?

If you don't like my posts or my thread topics or - ignore me, you have the power. I'm still going to make threads about things that I find interesting or enjoy, and if my posts are dumb and apparently against my own sex then good stuff.

So go for it, hit the ignore button. I'm not really worth getting upset about.