Music Banter - View Single Post - The Batcave: Where The Batlord Sits On His Bat-Throne Plotting His Bat-Schemes
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #118 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Pre-Electric Wizard Is Pretty Wizard: Part III

Eternal: Lucifer's Children

Finally we come to the final band that would eventually come to be known as Electric Wizard. I remember this band the least and would partake of them again...

The first thing to notice is that any remaining death metal influences in Thy Grief Eternal are gone. Even the doom isn't as prominent. This is pure stoner metal. Jus had obviously been jamming out to his assuredly used and abused copy of Master of Reality, cause that album is all over this shit. The production on this album isn't the greatest though. It's not quite as heavy as I'd like an Electric Wizard associated band to be even though it's pretty good and muddy. That said, this is some highly fun, if not particularly original stoner metal that shouts it's Sabbath worship from the rooftops. Electric Wizard would soon overshadow this band, but it's good stuff none the less.

Side note: The album begins with the same sample from the beginning of "Wizard In Black" off Come My Fanatics... Kewl.

Spoiler for Click for your doom!:

This is a cover of "Electric Funeral", but there's no Youtube video. So, here's the link to it on Grooveshark.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote