Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #13166 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post

Lincoln

I'm going to have to watch this again. I found it a bit boring and the amount of characters to keep track of was a chore to uphold. I found a lot of enjoyable moments and aspects of the film though. DDL was incredible. I still thought Joaquin Phoenix was better in The Master but there is nothing wrong with DDL as Lincoln. Hell, the dude WAS Lincoln. I actually felt like I was watching our 16th president the entire time. he supporting cast was great including Tommy Lee Jones and Sally Field. The score and direction was great but the screenplay was just a bit flat for my taste. I wanted a bit more background on everything that was taking place but that would have resulted in a much longer film and could just be my fault for not paying a lot of attention in History class. I'll definitely give this a second watch some time because I feel there is a much better film hidden under a pretty good film.

3.5/5

Also, I'm going to bet that Spielberg does an American Revolution movie in the near future. Vietnam has been done to death and he's done everything else (War Horse, Saving Private Ryan). I'm calling it now.
I agree with pretty much everything you've said here, though I probably would give it an even lower rating. The acting was great, but beyond that the movie didn't engage me at all.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote