Music Banter - View Single Post - High Fidelity
Thread: High Fidelity
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Default High Fidelity

I'm a member Of Head-Fi, a headphone forum and one thing that I definitely notice while lurking their threads--I do post occasionally, but not too often, and what usually surprises me, is that any discussion of music on the forum seems to be relegated to a drop down menu of a miscellaneous sub-forum. I mention that is because, although MB does have their occasional active thread regarding the gear that people listen to their music thread, 80% percent of the time it's buried due to lack of activity, which is just about the polar opposite of there. MB's Stereo and Production equipment sub-forum doesn't get a lot of use and the majority of the use that it does get ends up being questions regarding producing music, not playing it back for personal pleasure.

So, some questions:

-How much of an impact does a recording's quality have on your enjoyment of an album

-What do you make of the semi-catch-22 that the better recording you use to listen to music the more revealing it is of flaws in the recording or the file type/size?

-does being critical of a piece of equipments sound quality cause you to divide you attention between the music and the equipment, so you tend to listen more analytically.

-What's your preferred way to listen to music, headphones or speakers and where/when?

-Is high fidelity an important issue to you, or do you just get by happily with the bare minimum?

-What equipment do you use/own (iPod, CD player, Vinyl, some fancy amp that was made by trolls deep in the forests of Southern Bavaria?) What would you like to own?

Those are a few to get started. I figured the more the thread dealt with high fidelity as a general topic the more active it might be.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote