Music Banter - View Single Post - Vinyl Collection Treasures
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Norg
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbr89 View Post
I personally prefer vinyl for a number of reasons.

for one, it turns simply listening to music into more of an experience. anyone can pop in a CD or download an album and then simply forget it's playing and go on doing something else. With a Vinyl there is a bit more of a ceremony or procedure (for lack of better terms)
You choose the album you want to listen to. carefully slide it out of the case. gingerly place it on the turn table. press play and drop the needle. then after a while you flip the album and restart the process.

I may be romanticizing the process, but such is my way.

Also i like the fact that if you have a first pressing, or at least a very old album, it's almost as if you are holding a piece of history. that record has lived and survived through time and remains unchanged, a good metaphor for the music itself.

And a vinyl is the recording that the artist originally wanted for that piece. All this digitization and remastering of classic albums i feel is tainting the true art of the music. music isn't pure and clean and exact. Music is raw and dirty and more natural then all this over production allows nowadays.

but maybe it's just me

(gets off soap box)
I don't see how that's any different then a CD

u carefully take it out of its case u put it in your CD player and press play ....

I could walk off with my vinyl player playing just has easy has a cd player .......

plus the most important thing u can also take that cd and put it on your Ipod and take the music with U in the car esp nothing beats Jammig to music in your car while driving
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote