Music Banter - View Single Post - Rabbiting On: Big Ears' Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #71 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
I like Starship too.

I like all the Earth Band albums, but I think The Good Earth (Mick Rogers on lead vocals and guitar) and Watch (Chris Thompson on lead vocals, Dave Flett on lead guitar) are my favourites. Glorified Magnified, Messin', Nightingales & Bombers and Roaring Silence are all great. Live material worth tracking down is Pink Pop Festival, Live in Pittsburgh, Stepping Sideways, Live in Stockholm and Here We Go Again. Joybringer, originally a non-album track, is one of my all-time favourite singles.

I've got some of those listed albums on CD, but not all (Freak Out! Forever Changes, Strange Days, After Bathing at Baxter's). What do you think of United States of America?
The track Glorified Magnified is a great song and the other albums I need to re-listen to as it's been so long since I heard them. Or are you going to feature any of their material in your prog guide?

United States of America is a psychedelic electronica album that I don't remember that well anymore, all I know is that it was a great debut album (as most bands seemed to do at that time) and I gave it a high mark on my own album listings that I keep, but for some reason failed to put a comment which always helps me remember it better. Joe Byrd also put out another good album about a year later.

Have seen that you've put Atomic Rooster up, will listen to this stuff and comment.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote