Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #1894 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I just don't feel like Hannibal would be good on network television. It needs to be on a paid cable channel to really spread it's wings imo.

I just haven't given it a chance yet. They even skipped showing an episode because it was too graphic or something along those lines. It dealt with kids killing other kids.
I do agree with that to a certain extent. God knows that Fuller really thrived with DLM on paid cable, because he could really do what he wanted to, and it was fantastic. The movie sucked ass, really, but the show was where it's at.

Pushing Daisies did quite well on network, but unfortunately people really didn't watch it. Tragic, because it was something interesting, different, and thoroughly entertaining.

Where Hannibal is the darkest of all three of these shows, I can see where HBO, Cinemax, etc. would have been a better venue, though.

BUT it is actually quite good. I enjoyed it quite a lot, even before I knew it was Fuller. I thought it reminded me of something, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote