Music Banter - View Single Post - Ink
Thread: Ink
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #681 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

I have been seriously considering getting, "Apres moi, le deluge," with appropriate accent marks, of course...

BUT, I want it for the original quotation, not the Regina Spektor track. As my haunts tend to be replete with hipsters, I don't want to have to explain over and over that it's the original as attributed to Mme. de Pompadour which caused this to appeal.

It's insensitive, sure, but it's also oddly realistic to me. I've wanted this on my body for eons and on and on. I've considered getting it on the other side of my ribcage so that I can just keep it hidden at hipster gatherings so as not to have to explain that it's not a song reference. I can see that getting irritating, actually, but yeah.

Was also thinking about getting a quotation from my first play I produced tatted on me, but am not wholly sure about the placement or anything yet.

I'm also supposed to design my sister's next tattoo; an infinity sign with two "sea stars" i.e. starfish in it. I'm kind of hesitant about it, for reasons that may seem trite. Basically, she calls my youngest sister "sea star," and wants ink commemorating her and her baby seastar. I know she asked ME to design it, but that still feels like I'm excluded and makes me not ever really get motivation to really work on it.

If my heart was in it, I could have something ready to go in a few hours, but it's been a few months, and I just can't get myself to work on it.

And also, of those over 18 in my immediate family, I'm the least inked. My sister has three, my mother has three, and my father has four. I have just the one.

As an aside; wanted the Apres moi, le deluge on my inner arm, between the bicep and tricep, initially.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote