Music Banter - View Single Post - Who will be seen as the defining rock artist of the 00's?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #64 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

Foo Fighter's are pretty rootsy when it comes to their scene, their shows, and even their actual output. The White was rootsy too in a very mystical way, like Led Zeppelin or Neil Young were back in the 70s, so I think that makes them very iconic for the first decade of the millenium (though the music wasn't exactly revolutionary). I think QOTSA had one of the most distinct sounds of any band in this era, but listening to something like Lullabies to Paralyze, though it has some really really great songs on it and has a consistent sound, is a little uneven. Of course there's Radiohead, kind of, if we still consider them a rock outfit (i think it's just Pop now, in a good way).

My final answer: Neil Young.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote