Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #23165 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Learned today that I can negotiate a payment arrangement with a dude who's freaking out on me and wants a supervisor. I kept trying to get him to a supervisor, but his response to me asking if I could place him on hold to do so was him arguing with me more, so I had to respond. Finally, I was like, "Look here, buddy. I can get you extended until June 1st, and we're not supposed to give the max time, we're supposed to negotiate the dates, but you're not giving me a date, so I'm just giving you your options. Anytime between now and June 1."

As an aside, he only wanted the second Friday in May, i.e. next Friday. Why he didn't just say that is beyond me.

He was suddenly really nice, apologized to me, and asked for my name and said that he is actually going to submit praise for me because I put up with him, and legitimately wanted to assist him.

When that call was over, everyone was staring at me in the call center, and they were like, "How in the world did you de-escalate that?" and I was like, "I really have no idea."

Also got a hellacious QA today, because my computer froze, and I was just like, "**** it," and gave the guy a payment arrangement without trying to get any money out of him first.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote