Music Banter - View Single Post - Boards of Canada
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #85 (permalink)
RVCA
( ̄ー ̄)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
I nearly had a seizure when I saw this. First MBV, now BOC? it's coming out around my birthday. better go beg for the pre order!

Though I do have an issue with the fact that everybody's going to have insane expectations. these guys have been effectively dead to the music world for like, a decade, and now out of nowheres they're releasing codes and a preorder. It's nice to see a band that formed my musical taste come back to life, though.
My expectations are this: I ****ing love everything they've ever done, including Trans-Canada Highway and Campfire Headphase. It's not that my expectations are high, it's just that I think it may be impossible for them to make something I dislike, and I think a lot of people feel the same way. I also fully expect them to continue in the direction of Campfire Headphase (songs that are more cohesive and melody-based), which the purists and elitists will surely lament, and I do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always View Post
I get off work to see this, a shame it comes at a less savory point in my life, but I'll take what I can get. I just hope this album won't be associated with negative memories in the future. Also, to celebrate, I'll post my favorite song at the moment.

Yeah, that's a good one. My current favorite is

RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote