Music Banter - View Single Post - Jamie foxx says "black people are the most talented people in the world".
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #124 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
ummm, firstly, the Protocols are nonsense that have been proven to be false on countless occasions.

Secondly, the notion that Black slaves in the USA were bred for particular traits is problematic for two reasons. One, the transatlantic slave trade ended (for this nation) in 1807, and Slavery itself (apart from cases such as Indian ownership of Black slaves) ended in 1865. Further, when the internal slave trade was ongoing (for 57 years) the largest market for slaves were plantations with huge mortality rates, particularly Sugar Cane fields in Louisiana. The owners of these plantations were not interested in particular attributes because the average lifespan of slaves on the plantations was about one year.

So, no. Even if there was some elaborate program to breed for particular traits, there wasn't enough time for such selection to become meaningful, and what selection occurred would've been rendered useless due to the economic dynamics of the slave trade within the USA.

Hope this has been informative.
I don't disagree with you. And, it is informative, so, you should quote the source if you found this on the web, or in a history book, because I disagree with whoever gave you this information. I read a paragraph of the wiki article, and, it did end in Britain in 1807, because, the Brits were just so noble that slavery was unacceptable and improper Give me a break; it was no longer necessary or profitable due to the industrial revolution. I am not going to research, but, I do know that slavery in this country began about the time the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock; a little over a decade after the genius' who landed in Jamestown in 1607, expecting gold to be lying all over the beach, stopped starving to death and discovered another crop Both tobacco and cotton were also very profitable, and, a big part of the southern exports; which also utilized slavery. I would imagine that when they put other human beings on those auction blocks, the more physically stout and fit probably cost more, and, may have been used as more than simply a years worth of labor. And, the 57 years is a bit off on the time frame for your argument. It was more of about 240 years, so there was time.

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter. The main point is the Jamie Foxx comment; which is asinine, and, just adds fuel to the race card in this world order of rat races. So, no argument here. You're right, but, it does allow for a good song from Two Gallants. They're white; read the lyrics

Well, the summer day make a white man lazy

Well, all I've ever known is poor
Owe my skin to the country store
Throw my walls, my roof, my door
But he tells me I'm free
But I fight the will to live
Hell might take but heaven gives
It's the only one so I'll forgive
And Im not the one to grieve

And the summer day make a white man lazy
He sits on his porch killing time
I gotta work to feed my wife and baby